The Best Marijuana Strains for Insomnia
According to the Mayo Clinic, common insomnia signs and symptoms include:
- Difficulty falling asleep at night
- Waking up during the night
- Waking up too early
- Not feeling well-rested after a night’s sleep
- Daytime tiredness or sleepiness
- Increased errors or accidents
- Irritability, depression or anxiety
- Ongoing worries about sleep
- Difficulty paying attention, focusing on tasks or remembering
Sleep is essential to our physical and mental health and wellbeing, so when it escapes us, we don’t feel or function at our best; decisions are harder, work is more stressful, and fatigue puts our emotions on overdrive. If any of this sounds like you, there are many great marijuana strains that may offer a solution for sleeplessness if used correctly and if the proper strains are chosen.
If you’re having trouble sleeping, these are a few of the best marijuana strains for sleep:
- Afghani. This Indica strain is considered one of the best marijuana strains for treating insomnia. With THC levels of up to 20%, consuming a small amount can result in a warm and tingly physical euphoria, accompanied by feelings of happiness and tranquility. Along with aiding sleep, this cannabis strain can relieve stress and anxiety as well.
- God’s Gift. A strain that became popular in California dispensaries in 2005 offers dreamy, blissful effects along with flavors of grape and citrus. THC levels can range anywhere from 18 percent to 25 percent. The person struggling to sleep is left feeling happy, euphoric and relaxed.
- Blue Lights. Blue Lights is a smooth Indica that offers a mellow, euphoric high, making it a great strain to combat insomnia. The flavor and aroma are that of warm blueberries. Many people count on this strain to relieving sleeplessness, due to the soothing relaxation that is enjoyable without being overpowering. Perfect for those who need to take the edge off the day and get some quality rest.
- Purple Kush. With 27 percent THC, this intense Indica comes from a mixture of Hindu Kush and Purple Afghani. One of the most popular sedative cannabis strains, this one will result in a very relaxed state of mind and body. Because of its superb pain-relieving quality, this is a favorite strain for people with chronic pain as well as insomnia.
- 9 Pound Hammer. This Indica strain is perfect for insomniacs. Its mild CBD content is just enough to pacify the mind and relax the body. The strong fruity flavors of grapes and berries are another reason people like this appropriately named sleep aid.
Please keep in mind that you may react differently to medication than a friend or family member. The same is true if you’re using natural remedies for insomnia. Remember that each strain may have different degrees of effectiveness. Life Flower medical and recreational marijuana dispensary is proud to offer our customers the highest quality organic cannabis flowers, concentrates, and edibles for your best possible health and quality of life. Any recommendations we make are based on current research, anecdotal information, industry knowledge and experience.
The knowledgeable staff At Life Flower Dispensary is here to make custom recommendations for your individual needs, and we are experienced in the art of natural remedies for insomnia and other symptoms. We are a local Colorado business growing and selling organic cannabis using amended soil and natural-organic components to provide our customers with optimal flavor, potency, and organic quality cannabis products for medicinal and recreational use. We use only the safest and cleanest organic methods to produce the highest quality products available. If you’d like to stay informed and up to date on all our special deals and drops, sign up for our newsletter and get the latest on what’s happening at Life Flower Dispensary, your premier Colorado MMJ dispensary in Denver and Glendale.