The Best Marijuana Strains for Anxiety
- Feeling nervous, restless or tense
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation)
- Feeling weak or tired
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
- Having trouble sleeping
- Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems
- Having difficulty controlling worry
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
In addition to these feelings of anxiety, there are several types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias
Some anxiety results from medical conditions that require treatment. Cannabis has long been the natural medicine of choice to relieve the stress and anxiety associated with everyday life and responsibilities, and many consumers maintain that it is the most effective medicine they’ve found to deal with general anxiety, anxiety disorders, and panic attacks. According to our research, some of the best medical strains for anxiety include:
- Blueberry. Producing a long-lasting sense of euphoria, this cannabis strain is admired for its colorful blue hues and high THC content.
- Trident. This high CBD strain helps patients maintain mental focus and control their anxiety while producing relaxing effects. Most people report feeling a more cerebral effect with this marijuana strain.
- Harlequin. This strain is known for relaxing and natural anxiety relief, with medical patients reporting an increased feeling of alertness following consumption. The high levels of CBD provide relaxation without sedation, making it one of the best marijuana strains for anxiety relief.
- Cannatonic. The high CBD, low THC strain is known for its uplifting and relaxing qualities with little to no psychoactive effects. Cannatonic is well known as one of the top marijuana strains for reducing anxiety as well as inflammation.
- Strawberry Cough. This strawberry-flavored 80% sativa, 20% indica strain offers a potent strawberry flavor and produces profound feelings of elation and euphoria along with increased energy.
- Harle-Tsu. This marijuana strain offers strong anxiety relieving properties due to its extremely high levels of CBD to THC (20:1). Well known for producing relaxed and focused feelings and reducing stress levels.
- CBD Shark. This 80% indica-dominant strain is well-balanced, with an equal ratio of CBD to THC, and is known to produce happy and relaxed feelings. This strain is a good choice for people who have pain along with anxiety, as the THC both relieves pain and induces sleep.
- Valentine X. A popular 50/50 hybrid strain that is CBD-dominant offering deep relaxation, and impressive, natural relief from anxiety.
For natural anxiety relief, it is important to remember that everyone is different, and the above listed cannabis strains will have various degrees of effectiveness for different people. Please understand that these are simply recommendations based on our research, industry knowledge, and experience, and that the best marijuana strains for anxiety will vary according to personal preference. Life Flower Dispensary is proud to serve our community with a friendly and knowledgeable staff offering our customers the highest quality organic cannabis flower, concentrates and edibles, and providing insights on which marijuana strains may be best for your anxiety.
Life Flower Dispensary is open late in Denver and Glendale for your shopping convenience. You can visit us from 8:00 a.m. to midnight for all your recreational marijuana needs (customers must be 21 years of age or older), and our medical patients 21 years of age and older with valid medical cards are also welcome to come and shop during those hours. Located just minutes from downtown Denver and Denver International Airport, the caring staff at Life Flower is here to serve all your medical and recreational marijuana needs seven days a week. We are a local business growing and selling organic cannabis using amended soil and natural-organic components to provide our customers with optimal flavor, potency, and organic quality cannabis products for medicinal and recreational use. We use only the safest and cleanest organic methods to produce the highest quality products available.
If you’d like to stay informed and up to date on all our special deals and drops, sign up for our newsletter and get the latest scoop on what’s going down at Life Flower Dispensary, your premier Colorado MMJ dispensary in Denver and Glendale.