Cannabis for Nausea
- Motion sensitivity
- Gall bladder issues
- Side effects of medications and treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation
- Emotional distress
- Intense pain
- Chronic pain
- Gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying)
- Bowel obstruction
Pharmaceutical antiemetics can have unwanted side effects such as fatigue, dry mouth, muscle spasms, decreased urination, and heartburn. Using cannabis for natural nausea relief is a powerful alternative for those who suffer with reoccurring nausea, and it eliminates these unpleasant side effects. Below are some strains of marijuana that are recommended for alleviating nausea:
- Blue Dream. A combination of DJ Short’s Blueberry F5 and Santa Cruz Haze, Blue Dream is credited for elevating energy levels and increasing creativity while still offering a pleasant body high. Add to that its pain-relieving properties, its ability to lead the way to a restful night’s sleep, and its excellent reputation for eliminating nausea, and Blue Dream promises to soon become your go to source for relief.
- Lavender. Named for its scent, Lavender is an indica-dominant strain with an average THC level of around 27 percent. This super relaxing cannabis strain offers users a strong body high, making it very effective for natural nausea relief, as well as relieving anxiety and depression.
- Northern Lights. Another indica-dominant strain that produces a very strong body high, Northern Lights is one of the more well-known hybrids. With an average THC level of around 16 to 21 percent, it is very relaxing and can induce sleep, so this strain of marijuana is highly recommended for nighttime nausea relief.
- Super Lemon Haze. This strain is a sativa-dominant hybrid offering a pleasant one-two punch of both head and body highs. A tangy-sweet citrusy scent and flavor add to its energetic effects, making it a popular strain for daytime use. With an average THC quotient of 17 to 22 percent, it’s an excellent means of treating anxiety and depression in addition to easing nausea.
- White Fire OG #2. Another sativa-dominant hybrid great for natural nausea relief and providing an increase in appetite as a bonus is White Fire OG #2, a blend of The White and Fire OG Kush. With average THC levels between 22 and 28 percent, this heavy-hitting hybrid is an excellent stress reliever and also extremely effective at pain relief.
Every person is different, and you may react to a certain medication in a different manner than a friend or family member. The same is true with using marijuana or cannabis products for nausea. Please keep in mind that each strain will have various degrees of effectiveness for different users, and our recommendations are based on current research, anecdotal information, industry knowledge and experience. Life Flower Dispensary medical and recreational marijuana dispensary is proud to offer our customers the highest quality organic cannabis flowers, concentrates, and edibles for your best possible health and quality of life.
Life Flower Dispensary is a recreational and medical dispensary open late in Denver and Glendale from 8:00 a.m. to midnight for all your marijuana needs. Located just minutes from downtown Denver and Denver International Airport, the friendly staff at Life Flower Dispensary is here to answer your questions and to guide you through the wide variety of medical and recreational strains, concentrates, edibles, and more. We are a local business growing and selling organic cannabis using amended soil and natural-organic components to provide our customers with optimal flavor, potency, and organic quality cannabis products for medicinal and recreational use.